Can someone attach a pic of the exact location of the stamped SN# on a D3B transmission. Yes, I know where the useless arrow points in the factory op manual. I spent nearly half an hour contorting my aging body looking. That said, what transmission SHOULD be in Cat 27Y02933 3F/3R? Thanx!
According to the book the transmission Serial Number should be 1BA4266. The Arrgt Number for the transmission is 7G7600. If your machine does not have the "combination" SErial Number plate in the cab containing Machine, Engine, & Transmission Serial Numbers then maybe the plate on the transmission case (if you can locate one) will contain the Transmission Test Number rather than the Serial Number. BTW the engine Serial Number, provided the engine is original of course, should be 45V43781. I seem to recall the tag with the Serial Number being on the front side of the transmission case somewhere in the area where the speed & direction control linkages connect. That would be around the area indicated by Ref #1 in the illustration below. I may be wrong.
Nige, You are amazing! Reading your response this morning completely changed my frame of mind for the better! You must have access to factory build records? Thank you SO much! BushMike