Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3B Z Dozer

Rob Humphreys ยท 2022-01-18 21:50

I recently purchased a D3B Z dozer. I have several questions that I have not yet been able to find answers to. The Product Identification number is 27Y04311. I believe it is early to mid 80's. Can anyone identify the year from the number? Also, what is the difference between the D3B and the D3B Z? does the Z have any meaning? The engine model is a 3204 Z. Engine Serial # is 45V56451 Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2022-01-19 06:15

    The Z has no meaning that I know of. I suspect that it may be either something associated with the manufacturing location or as an aid to anti-forgery in a similar way to the asterisks before and after the machine, engine & transmission Serial Numbers on the plate. Your machine was manufactured in July 1986.

  2. #2Rob Humphreys2022-01-19 09:48

    Thanks for the information. Much appreciated!

  3. #3Piston2022-04-15 09:57

    I have a D3B as well, 1 year older. I love the little thing! What are you using yours for?