My youngest son and I took a road trip over the North Yorkshire in England over the weekend to visit a few friends. There is a lovely 22A D8 currently resting in the yard with a few other D8 2U and D8 66V tractors and various other gems. The 22A has been converted to direct start and is still in its original working clothes.It’s got a healthy bark about it and still goes to work every year when needed. It is around 1965 ish so I’m told. Cat knew what they were doing when they built them. I’ve allways been a Cat lover and allways will. Enjoy the pics.
Hard not to love the earlier last forever machines, a tribute to the engineering and manufacturing personnel that made them.
In those early years Cat was the standard used to judge equipment. I too have always loved the early machines. Back when the internet first came out I had to take a class through work on how to search the web, after a few minutes of instruction we were told to play around and look up anything of interest so I immediately typed in (cat equipment) needless to say what came up was not quite what I was looking for! but my coworkers got a good laugh
If its a '65ish it should be one of the early high-horse machines judging by the air cleaner/air filter style
Yes,I think it was the high horse engine