Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3C dozer

making ยท 2013-12-13 05:41

Hello Can anyone please tell me the year model of cat d3c no 3rf00373 ?.Icannot find any info on net.

Replies2
  1. #1Cutterjohn2013-12-13 06:47

    Looks to be an 1988 vintage.

  2. #2making2013-12-13 07:53

    Thanks Cutterjohn.I thought about there abouts.I can buy it for R 50000. about 5000 usd.It has run a bearing on one big end. Otherwise seems in reasonable condition.I cant find an hour meter so dont know how much it has worked. Pins are round Steering clutches were done not long ago.I can see thin sleaves in bores so it seems to have been overhauled before.Three ring pistons as well. I would need crank cut and new bearings and gasket set.I am in south africa and parts are very expensive for cat. A new crank costs R25000 about 2500 usd.what do you think? I know these things can eat money.