Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D9 for your all those jobs were you ain’t welcome

redneckchevy9 · 2013-12-13 11:21

I have seen such a thing until I followed Wikipedia to the IDF Caterpillar D9 page. I was shocked as hell to see the Israel military uses these armored bad boys. 15extra tons by the time they are done with the armor, cages, and whatever the hell else they put on the death machines on tracks.

Replies21
  1. #1buckfever2013-12-13 16:32

    That will defiantly keep my laborers motivated.

  2. #2Mike L2013-12-13 18:29

    I can hear my boss now " can you go to such and such a location, joe operator broke the rocket launcher again":guns

  3. #3wilko2013-12-13 21:44

    They do work in a rough neighborhood.

  4. #4Heavey Metal2013-12-13 22:53

    Anti-vandalism kit?

  5. #5Lindsey972013-12-13 23:27

    Wabbit hunting 101 yeah baby!!

  6. #6Bruce Higgins2013-12-14 08:07

    If i remember correctly the work exceptionally well on idiot protesters that lay down in front of them.

  7. #7robin yates uk2013-12-14 08:18

    a young American was crushed by this type of machine some years ago,very sad

  8. #8wilko2013-12-14 09:22

    She was an idiot. The operator on a machine like that has extremely limited vision, she put herself in a blind spot and didn't move when it was obvious that she should move. Physics trumps politics.

  9. #9ih1002013-12-14 12:21

    Think we can see where this one is going, mods. Can we lock it before it gets political?

  10. #10Puffie402013-12-14 19:48

    My eyebrows rise a little over the use of the words "Shocked" and "Death machine". They are just armored vehicles. Really, armored bulldozers are nothing new. Australia's first tank was just a armored D8 with machine gun mounts. There were Armour-plated D7s in use during WW2.

  11. #11stumpjumper832013-12-14 21:10

    best part, they are remote controlled...

  12. #12digger242j2013-12-14 21:26

    We've had some discussion of these machines in the past. A word to the wise should be sufficient--Stick to discussion of the hardware, if you wish, but don't venture any further into discussion of its use in what amounts to a multi-thousand year long political/religious dispute ....

  13. #13Karl Robbers2013-12-15 07:32

    With the current protester/forestry shenanigans down my way, I reckon a few of these would go down a treat! Seriously though, I wonder what they are like to service, after all, forestry and anti vandal guarding can be a hinderance but these juggernauts take guarding to a new level. Cost of a fully specced machine would be pretty scary I should imagine. I remember reading that an American General once commented during the Second World War that he would take bulldozers over tanks any day.

  14. #14redneckchevy92013-12-15 15:51

    Mods, I didn't think posting this machine would be anything but a little fun to look at. I apologize if I went against any forum posting rules. I just ran across this machine & have never seen such a thing. It never crossed my mind that people could spin it into a political dispute.

  15. #15digger242j2013-12-15 16:18

    No problem. Posting it in and of itself didn't violate any rules. You probably weren't around the first time these machines came up, but it did get political, with predictable results. My post above was just one of those " an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure " things...

  16. #16redneckchevy92013-12-15 17:18

    Alright good. In my world politics and CAT machinery are never uttered in the same sentence.

  17. #17OCR2013-12-15 17:57

    But, above all... *From Wikipedia®, you can make up your own minds... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Corrie *Digger... delete this if you think it's inappropriate. OCR

  18. #18Karl Robbers2013-12-15 19:12

    I still want one!

  19. #19CM19952013-12-15 19:18

    Digger beat me to it. We won't solve that issue on this Forum, so there is no sense going there.:cool2

  20. #20digger242j2013-12-15 20:23

    Well, it's appropriate to the extent that now those who weren't familiar with the incident will have a better understanding of why any discussion of these machines in particular is even more politically loaded than say, a discussion of the final drives of a D-6...

  21. #21Ron Burgundy2013-12-21 22:36

    Deleted post because the truth hurts.