Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3C fuel supply shut off valve?

timmi ยท 2012-11-03 05:41

Hello all! I'm needing to replace my fuel filters and fuel lift pump on my 1989 D3C dozer. It has the direct injection 3204 engine. I've read about a fuel supply shut off valve near the tank? I haven't found it on the dozer. There is an access hole for the fuel drain valve (sediment?) on the left side of the tank, but that is the only valve I have found so far. (I think it is a drain... I opened it up but nothing came out.. its stuffed full of dirt, rust, rock, etc.. still need to get that cleaned out) Can anyone tell me if there really is a fuel supply shut off valve somewhere? It will sure make things a lot easier when it comes to undo the filter and lines and pump... Thanks! Tim oh and this is the first D3C version, not the series II or series III.

Replies2
  1. #1caterpillarmech2012-11-03 07:16

    You may have a small access door on the rear panel next to the tank. If not you will have to pull the whole panel off to get to it. It will be on the bottom right edge of the tank as you look at it from the rear.

  2. #2JeremiahSr2012-11-03 13:48

    You look from the front. Up through where the lift cylinder pins or maybe you have to pull that left floor step off. I can't remember exactly but it is towards the front of tank. #11 in drawing.