Hey guys I’m looking at a used D3C 111 LGP the vin is 7XL00681, can you tell me the year model please. Also this is my first dozer so I’m not familiar with what to look for but I attached a pic of a close up the guy took so I’m certain there may be an issue there. Would you mind sharing your thoughts please. Thanks for any help
I could be wrong,but I think it’s supposed to be like that even though it certainly doesn’t look right
Built March 1996. "Model Year" means nothing with Yellow Iron - unless the seller is misrepresenting the age of the tractor that is. A Serial Number is all you need to obtain Parts & Service information. For machinery of that age the condition of the machine is a far more important factor in determining price than when it was manufactured. Another photo taken from further away for perspective would help.
It’s a pic of the rear of the pat blade Nige
I’ll see if there’s something on Google
That picture as about as much use as a chocolate fireguard Nige,but I swear I’ve seen something like the OP’s pic before in the region of the pic I’ve enclosed. As stated,a better pic and a serial number will me needed
I was trying to figure out which one of the 4 pivot points shown below the photo is showing.
I've seen that I beleve what the picture shows is right. Just a pin thru a plate you need to look at c frame I beleve it just shows a plate sticking out
Would it be #18 by any chance.? Sorry there is no better view of it that this one.
yes I don't remember if it was only on lgp dozers or not
Could it be to stop the blade from tilting too much in either direction and damaging a cylinder?
I was wondering about that because I figured it was be a g
Thanks so much guys I really appreciate your insights
Here is a little better pic
See the attachment. According to the Parts Manual there should be a Bushing (Item #1) on top of the Pin As (Item #8). The bushing is approximately 2-1/8" (54.5mm) outside diameter. The pin has an outside diameter of about 1-5/16" (33.7mm). From those measurements it should be easy to tell whether the Bushing is missing.
Thanks so much Nige. Your insights and amazing knowledge are amazing and appreciated thanks for the help