I HAVE A D3G LPG DOZER I NEED SOME HELP WITH YOU GUYS. THE SHIFTER ON THE LEFT SIDE WHERE THE UP AND DOWN ON THE GEARS OR SPEED SOME SAY IT WILL NOT MOVE IT IS ON 2 NOW LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED IT WAS THE GEAR SHIFTER IT SELF REPLACED IT AND NOW I HAVE TAKE IT OFF AND CHECKED ALL SWITCHS AND WIRES WITH MY METER AND ALL SHOW TO BE GOOD. CAN YALL TELL ME WHERE THE WIRES GO DOWN TOO IS IT A MOTOR OR SOLENOID AND ITS LOCATION ITS GOING TO BECAUSE IT WILL NOT MOVE UP OR DOWN ALWAYS ON 2 CHECKED ALL FUSES AND CODES AND IT LOOKS LIKE A HAVE CODES 261 AND 262 DONT KNOW IF THESES CODE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS PROBLEM. I ALSO HAVE THE HYDROSTATIC LIGHT ON NOW BUT IT HAS BEEN BLINKING FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS JUST TRYING TO GIVE ALL THE INFO I CAN TO TRY TO FIGURE THIS PROBLEMS OUT SHE RUNS AND DRIVES GOOD JUST ALWAYS IN NUMBER 2 GEAR THANKS FOR YALL HELP.
Easy with the cap locks. If memory serves those are the codes for speed sensors. Others will have access to information. If it's the case probably needs new ones and the calibration done to it.
First of all Welcome to the Forums! Second turn the ALL CAPs button off please. Third post a serial number for the wrenches to start with.
found problem wire broke under panel on the way down to trans thanks for the help and sorry for the caps can delete if needed
No delete needed, glad you found the problem. The G's are finicky with system voltage and calibration. I have a 2004 D5GXL bought new and we've had Cat come out twice in its lifetime to calibrate the hydro system. Slowly over time the system gets sluggish until it's obvious and each calibration made it act like a new machine.