Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3G LGP Wont Start

josh2500 · 2026-08-03 17:00

I have a D3G Serial Number CAT00D3GTBYR01841 that won't start. It turns over but won't start like it is out of fuel. It was running fine and shut off like you turned the key off. The light that I am assuming is the warning light came on. It looks like a gear with an exclamation mark in it. I checked the red light in the fuse panel and its blinking 1-4-1. I do not have a repair/service manual to know where to start. Any ideas of what to start with? Also, where can I buy an online repair manual? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2026-08-03 17:23

    The 141 code is for the engine speed sensor. If that signal was lost the engine would stop immediately. The attached should give you all the diagnostic information you need. See Page 70 for the troubleshooting procedure. You will also need an electrical schematic. Check your message inbox. Any questions post back here.

  2. #2josh25002026-08-03 18:31

    Awesome. I printed page 70-74 out and will take it with me and troubleshoot it tomorrow. Thank you

  3. #3Nige2026-08-03 18:32

    Don’t simply assume that it’s a bad speed sensor. It could just as easily be a wiring fault.

  4. #4josh25002026-08-03 18:40

    Very possible. The dozer only has 2700 hours on it but has lived in the oilfield. It lost all power a couple months ago and wouldn't do anything. I found a broke pin in a connector under the left step. All that has stayed packed with mud and needs to be looked at. I will go through the process and hopefully find it.