Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3G track Weight

Pauly17 ยท 2013-05-27 16:34

Had a quick question if anyone new how much a D3G dozer track weighed?? I can't seem to find anything online so I though I would ask in here.. Thanks in advance for your time... Paul

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2013-05-27 21:07

    Somebody may have a rough idea, but there are a couple different types, several different lengths, and at least a half dozen different track shoes so there is some variation. If you have a track group number your friendly local CAT house should be able to give you a shipping weight on it with a quick call. My rough guess would be 3,000 lbs for a "standard" track group. :my2c

  2. #2Pauly172013-05-27 21:13

    That's what my guess was.. I'm having the pins turned and was wondering how much weight I was carrying in the back of truck... Thanks for the reply.. Happy digging!!