Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3g transmission issues

rlpage · 2021-12-22 12:31

Moves real slow unless I feather the throttle. Tried to find the screen to check it but haven't had any success on finding it. Also does it rate separate fluid that the hydraulic tank fluid, if so where is it located. Haven't been able to find any info on google

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2021-12-22 13:37

    Have you tried getting an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it.? They can be downloaded from Cat for $49. There are two options, to find the correct one would require the tractor Serial Number.

  2. #2rlpage2021-12-27 00:06

    yes and it didnt contain anything helpful at all regarding the issue, kinda why i posted on here.

  3. #3nicky 68a2021-12-27 04:25

    Well,it will have screens somewhere and the maintenance manual will show you where.

  4. #4Nige2021-12-27 05:12

    With this tractor being hydrostatic drive things are a bit different to a powershift. No transmission or converter so probably far less need for a suction screen. I had a quick look and don't see anything regarding a screen, even in the Parts Manual. It is a bit difficult doing that without a Serial Number when there are multiple models of D3G. My query regarding whether the OP had an O&M Manual came from this comment. The manual would contain the info to answer to this question - and BTW the answer is no, they use the same tank.

  5. #5Nige2021-12-27 05:13

    Have you tried accessing Diagnostic Codes for it.? I'm just wondering if something in the electronic controls for the hydrostat is the problem.

  6. #6nicky 68a2021-12-27 05:29

    Surely it must have some sort of filtration/screen system that’s worth cleaning? Has to be a filter at the very least that will show up dirt or debris of any possible failures?

  7. #7Nige2021-12-27 05:31

    Maybe so, but without a S/N it's flying blind in SIS, unless someone who has one can chime in. I still have my suspicions about the all-electronic hydrostatic control system, even possibly the engine High Idle & Low Idle RPM settings.

  8. #8nicky 68a2021-12-27 10:51

    I confess to not knowing what all the instructions in the maintenance book mean. I’ve got a major service to be doing in January that involves valve lash measuring etc. I’ll be speaking to Tony on that matter.I’m not qualified to be opening that c15 up on the D8T and dropping my spanner’s and sandwiches into the sump! I also don’t really know what that filter under the rear window behind the name plate.Looks like some sort of spin on filter for the hydraulics.I’ve changed it once before,but the trans and hyd filters next to the hyd tank get changed every 250 hours.

  9. #9nicky 68a2021-12-27 10:51

    I’ll TC to poke around in that department