Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3K LGP

mrmattville ยท 2022-06-06 15:01

Hello, I have a D3K ser# LLL01*** that has a leak on hydraulic cooler in front of the radiator. It is on the job. Looks like the hard nose, radiator, coolant tank, etc., all has to come out. In some of your more experienced opinions, would this be too much of a pain to do in the field. Probably $500 round trip to get to the shop. Just seeing if anyone here has changed one before. Thank you in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-06-06 17:46

    In addition to your list above, add the belly guards, counterweight, & fan/fan guards, all of which have to come off before tackling getting the hard nose off. The complete assembly weighs around 450 pounds. Do you have something capable of lifting it/?

  2. #2mrmattville2022-06-06 18:30

    Nige, while looking for info on this I have read many of your posts and was hoping for your input. I do have a mini available, but from what I saw and what you said, I will take it to the shop. Thank you very much. Your wisdom is appreciated.

  3. #3Nige2022-06-06 18:46

    If the complete disassembly instructions will be of any help to you, please ask. If the hydraulic oil cooler is leaking you are probably in for a major cleaning exercise if you don't want the radiator to turn into a dirt magnet in the future. Probably better done in a shop TBH.

  4. #4mrmattville2022-06-07 08:16

    Good point. I had not considered the cleaning. Anyway, it is on its way to the shop. Thanks again.