I have a new yard project starting and would like some feedback on using a D4 7U loader cat (1955 model) as an all around machine. The 2000' access road is rough built but still requires clean up and top soil spread in the ditches. Top soil is currently piled. The yard needs land scaping, at most 2' of material moved from high side. Eventually some finer landscaping for flower beds ponds ect in yard. I am considering the D4 loader and a 6 - 8 yard pull scraper. The particular cat i am looking at has the smaller 3lug per pad tracks on it instead of the more agressive looking 1 large bar per pad tracks. I assume these don't chew so bad when turning but will they still pull a small scraper in hard clay?? Are there any other issues using a loader cat to pull a small scraper ?? I have a small farm tractor so i would likely use it to spread the top soil and use the D4 loader to load the topsoil in the scraper off the pile. Any discussion or recomendations are appreciated. Thanks
No replies yet.