Please throw some information my direction. I'm considering purchasing a slightly used 2014 D4K with about 1000 hrs vs almost new 2015 D5K with rippers. Please help me...
what are you planning on doing with it, this would help give you a better idea witch cat would be better for you.
Grading fill material, building a couple ponds and light to medium clearing. Potentinialy fine grading building pads.
Yair . . . If you are in a position to purchase and transport the five with rippers I don't see the issue. It would do all your grading and would be far more effective at slotting out some ponds . . . with just the outside tines in place the ripper will help you with the clearing. Cheers.
I had the exact same dilemma and went with the D5K LGP. The price for a 5 is the same or a hair cheaper than a 4.
Positive for D5 is it's bigger. Negative for D5 is it's bigger. It all probably comes down to whether you can move it or not.