Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New owner of Cat D5 w/Hyster D6E winch power control – winch not working Need Help!

mathjunkie ยท 2015-12-26 19:30

Hello....anyone have experience with the Hyster D6E winch, power control? I think there is a bad pump, leaking hydraulics or bad valve. But I'm still not sure since I don't have much experience with winches. I've checked rings, check valves, measured pressure, replaced oil, measured throw on levers. Maybe I'm missing something basic....Any help is appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2015-12-26 23:48

    Model and serial numbers would be necessary on the winch and the D5.

  2. #2Old Magnet2015-12-27 11:30

    Answered your post over on the ACMOC forum....

  3. #3mathjunkie2015-12-28 16:56

    Thanks for the replies. The ACMOC forum asked specifically how the inching lever worked. That problem is solved thanks to Old Magnet. I may have had the inching lever in the wrong position but I didn't notice the torque converter stalling out. Before understanding the lever positions, I had to troubleshoot and checked rings and damaged a check valve. Once new parts arrive and are installed, I will run it again and see how it goes. Hopefully I just ran it wrong, ran it too cool or some simple mistake...not that the pump is wore out. I'll let you know.