just thought I'd share some pics of one machine that used to cause me afew drama's.. was in the wrong application basicly it was ripping, track rolling and stockpiling shail, which was a form of clay but almost a stone like form for brick production so we were forever repairing undercarrige parts, broken panels and handrails
Yair...so what is the "right" application?
basicly the machine was getting smahed to bits as they were trying to crush the rock down to football sized pieces, even still they were getting some rocks about a 1m3 going into the mill which were causing issues down the line.. they trialed a crushing plant for 6 month with the dozer to rip and push for the loader to feed the crusher but couldnt get the dirt out of the ground quick enough to feed the crusher and they didnt stockpile any extra material then the previous method but they did stop the large rocks going down the line once they went through the approvals they blasted and ran the crusher for 6 months, the dozer didnt miss a beat, R&M costs dropped by half and in 6 months they stockpiled double the amount of material they used to stockpile over a year with the dozer ripping and trackrolling
Yair...thanks rare ss. I can see that would be rough on the machine...I would have loved to have got a bit of seat time on those big Komatsu's. I reckon the little 65 with the Cummins was the best balanced, most productive/easily maintained tractor I ever ran.
yeh, they are a good machine, the guys love it compared to a CAT, we had a D11R on hire with a single shank ripper running at the same pit and used to struggle to pull a single pick the 475 could pull 3 most of the time, use to power through easy with 1 or 2 in the hard ground i used to hate keeping it running though, ripper boots every few days, servicing was a pain, 6 oil filters and grease points were men werent meant to reach! a good mate of mine looks after a D575A which is remote controlled which is a pretty wild bit of gear
Any mechanics with 475a experience? I'm stumped trying to fix a pitch back issue on a super dozer? thx.
rare ss Good photos! I love such equipment. Unfortunately I saw KOMATSU D475A only on a photo and video.