Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4B Cat Dozer

John1951 ยท 2013-08-27 11:34

I have a 1987 Cat D4B dozer that runs for appox 20 minutes then starves for fuel. I have cleaned the tank and blown all the lines out. Looking for a rebuild kit for the transfer pump, anyone have a source other than Cat. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2013-08-27 12:37

    I can't help on the kit, but I wouldn't decide the transfer pump was bad without some more info. If you remove the suction line from the transfer pump immediately after it dies, and get a sucking sound then the transfer pump is doing it's job, the suction is still plugged. Sorry if that's not what you're looking for.

  2. #2shopguy2013-08-27 20:02

    Check the tank vent ?

  3. #3mikebramel2013-08-27 21:48

    You need a vacuum gauge before the transfer pump and a low pressure gauge after the transfer pump to see if the problem (low pressure) is the pump or something in the tank (high vacuum)

  4. #4John19512013-08-27 22:31

    D4B cat Cleaned the tank vent also. I bought the cat a couple of years ago and ran it for 44 hours clearing a house site and then it set for a year. Since setting the problem started, cleaned tank , changed filter, fuel, and blew out all the lines. Pressured the tank to check for air leaks in the fuel lines and didn't have any leaks.