I have a D4C LGP Series III Serial No. 07sl00541. The trans issue is no forward or reverse movement, and metal shavings in the screens. Looking at either a Cat rebuild or a remanufactured trans. First question, can anyone give me the trans ID No. without me having to pull any panels, if not what panel do I pull and where will I find the ID tag? Second, has anyone used a Joseph Industries remanufactured transmission, or any other remand transmission? Third, does the torque get flushed or replaced? Thanks. Tom
Here's the serial numbers of your major components, providing it's all factory original. 2RE06165 TRANSMISSION & DRIVE LINE 5XK12011 ENGINE 61705233 TC, TD, RETARDER
CMark has given you the Serial Numbers of what is in there - provided the original units are still in there. Here are the Cat Part Numbers:- Engine Arrangement - 6I-3536 (field replacement 149-8743) Transmission Arrangement - 9W-9483 Torque Converter Group - 1T-1786 The torque converter should be stripped, checked, and resealed if nothing major is found. I would replace the transmission pump. Goes without saying that all the transmission hydraulic lines will need flushing/cleaning before firing up the engine with the new tranny in it. The transmission filter element is a 1R-0730. You may need to change filters a couple of times soon after putting the machine into operation. Unfortunately I can't find a high-efficiency clean-out filter part number for that original filter which would have been even better, so changing the filter a couple of times is your only real option.
1R-0730 has been replaced by 1R-0746, you will also need an o-ring, part # 5K-1770. Not sure of the "rating" on the new filter number, guessing it's "advanced efficiency"
Anybody have a company that they've used that remanufactures heavy equipment transmissions? Thanks. Tom
I have used component services in Indiana I think. replaced the trans in my d4c 7kg00545 in late 2005. so far I have had good luck with it. they use aftermarket parts and the price was quite a bit lower than a cat rebuild. should be a tag on the left side of the trans. you will need the serial number and the arrangement number as well.
Good Spot... I missed that one, I simply cross-referenced the 2P-5834 from the Parts Manual to the first number I found which was 1R-0730. Should've chased it one step further which would have led me to 1R-0746. This is a 3" x 5" standard efficiency hydraulic filter. The corresponding High Efficiency Part Number is 126-1810.
Thank you to everybody that answered this post. Tom
TEC there is a few companies around that rebuild Cat components with great success. In the midwest we use ACT (American Crane and Tractor), the name is misleading but they do alot of reman stuff for Cat machines. We have had good luck with them.
TEC, you also need to get the cooler cleaned out. That trans should come complete with torque and pump reconditioned. One word of advice while bargain hunting. Watch out for "Surplus Stock" roughly translated that means a defective component that wasn't worth the rework to make it right after return by an unhappy customer. Later Bob