Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4d dozer

Dirtal ยท 2025-02-09 20:16

I have a d4d that I am trying to find the model year. I am attaching pictures if the plates found on the machine,engine,and trans. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2025-02-09 20:20

    US-built. Production started 1968 so somewhere around 1972-73 I would estimate. Someone else will probably be able to nail it down closer. Interested to know why you are looking for the model year.

  2. #2Dirtal2025-02-09 20:25

    I am just curious. Like to know how old it is.

  3. #3bccat2025-02-09 23:01

    82j 4718, 1976. 4401-4753, 1977 was the last year, 4754- up, cheers

  4. #4.RC.2025-02-10 02:43

    It may even have a wet back end being that new for a D4D.

  5. #5D6 Merv2025-02-10 13:07

    Afaik wet backend option for D4D was only on Japanese built 65J and 47H. Wasn,t an option on american built ones. though am happy to be proved wrong; just don,t remember it ever listed in parts microfiche we used at dealers at the time. We had a american one 83J2556 but it was converted to wet steering and brakes by Gough Gough and Hamer NZ cat dealer at birth. was a optional NZ modification. Until it later became a japanese factory option from 1974 onwards. All the later japanese built D4D we later got in nz came with it.

  6. #6Old Magnet2025-02-10 14:12

    The 82J4151-up Parts Book still shows the brake band support screw. This would normally be missing if it were wet back end.

  7. #7D6 Merv2025-02-10 15:59

    yes wet brake D4D had a 1 piece triple section, double wrap around brake band, same as 941B