Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4D hydraulic hose assembly

D4D_6H ยท 2024-07-16 16:01

I was pushing brush yesterday and blew a hydraulic hose assembly on my D4D, s/n 83J. Very messy. It's the left side upper hose assembly for the blade lift cylinder. I have a parts book and it looks like it may be a 4K9177, but I'm not sure based on the diagrams. The local Cat dealer wasn't very interested in verifying whether this was the right part. Does anyone have another way to check what is the current Cat p/n used for replacement of this part?

Replies8
  1. #1D4D_6H2024-07-16 17:39

    It looks like 5S9325 may be it. It shows the correct length of approximate 36" on the Cat Parts website. But, no picture.

  2. #2.RC.2024-07-16 17:50

    Just remove the hose and take it to your local hose doctor, they will use it to make you a new one. As your machine is so old your dealer will not have the hose specifications to make one up over the phone anyway. Also if one hose has blown others may not be far behind. So if any others look dodgy, might want to replace them if you have the money, because I know hoses are not cheap these days.

  3. #3D4D_6H2024-07-16 17:59

    The dealer is 2 hrs away from me. I was trying to save a trip, but I'm sure your recommendation is best for something this old. Thanks for the reply.

  4. #4.RC.2024-07-16 19:14

    You can save a lot of $ if the ends are reusable and you can find someone who will/can reuse them. The old Cat fittings were reusable fittings, but for liability reasons it seems most want to use new crimp on fittings. I think that hose is a 3/4" hose with 90 degree short bend with SAE code 61 flanges. I have found those ends to be pretty pricey.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-07-16 23:06

    Here the Cat reusable fitting parts aren't available anymore. It really sucks because most of the hoses, especially on the backhoe on my track loader are held in place by clamps on the reusable fittings.

  6. #6Cmark2024-07-17 03:16

    4K9177 is the original number which changes to 5S9325. Your Cat dealer has all the build information for 5S9325. This is what it looks like.

  7. #7D4D_6H2024-07-18 09:38

    That's a nice drawing with the individual p/n's for the assembly. Thank you. I did buy a 5S9325 from Cat. I will install it today. It comes with new o-rings for the hose assembly, but I guess I don't have new o-rings for the mating connections on each each end. I don't know if it's normal to re-use the old o-rings or not.

  8. #8D4D_6H2024-07-18 12:20

    Forget that last question about re-using the old o-rings on the mating surface. I looked at it again and saw that there was no o-rings on the mating surface. It just looked like it initially because of the slight wear mark. It's just a flat machined surface on the mating ends. I got it installed. Seems to be the right part, as everyone said here. Thanks.