Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 500C dozer

John Mo ยท 2024-07-16 19:44

I have an International 500C dozer. The issue is it won't move when running. It can move and spin the tracks if being towed. What happens is when you put it in gear and engage the reverser, the engine will completely bog down to shutting the engine down until you release the reverser. The previous owner stated the year before I got it the dozer moved. I took off the top for the gear shifter. We can spin the main shaft and the rear end will move so we eliminated the rear end. What is happening is when you try to move the inside front part of the main shaft in the transmission, the shaft will only spin 3/4 and won't move any further and the same when you spin it backwards. Is there something in the flywheel or something in between the transmission and engine that would stop the revolution of the shaft? Is there a gear, pin or something to cause this?? I had the reverser removed and checked out and everything was good. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1epirbalex2024-07-18 21:23

    I looks like it could be in two gears and the 3/4 spin you are getting is just tightening up the slack . Does this model have a short driveshaft between the clutch housing and the gearbox with two rattly joints on it .

  2. #2chidog2024-07-20 15:59

    I had a friend that owned one of those, I just remember 500 not sure if it was a C, his was one bad design in my opinion. His had the hydraulic pump driven off the front of the crankshaft, everything about that machine was bad. I think his ended up with a similar problem, he then sold it to a used parts place.