Hey everyone Looking to upgrade track gear Just wanting to know if anyone has some technical information on the segment modification, cutting the 943 segment hub and welding it onto to a caterpillar D4D sprocket
I'd love to know more too. Never have seen a straight forward modification. I've removed track frames and pulled sprockets more than I'd like on D4's purely to weld on a new sprocket rim. Why they never upgraded the D4 to segments until the H series is beyond me.
Rims standard are a cheap and easy thing . I've seen a few segments welded because the bolt holes have worn . It would be worth it if the hours expected are going to be high .
This is the only thing remotely applicable that popped up on a search. It may not be what you're looking for.
Thanks Nige Ive got in contact with caterpillar track department, looking like nothing matches sprocket diameter and teeth, but pitch is the same I think the second d4d 5f9107 is ment to be 941
Besides this thread, here is the most discussion I've seen on the topic, which isn't much, and from quite a few years back. https://www.acmoc.org/bb/discussion-d72/15152-d47u-sprocket#116140 I reckon that a slightly smaller diameter would probably work ok. Might have to use a link or two less. Not sure how it would affect ground speed though.