Advice please! I have a Komatsu D21a-6. Power shift 2 speed. It seems when I park it for 3 or 4 weeks it is hard to get the "steering clutch" to release - especially on the right side. ( I hope I stated this correctly.) Anyway the right track gets locked in place. I have to power it up and kind of pop the main clutch to get it to break free..seems to be easier in forward than reverse. When I store it should I engage the main wet clutch and hold it "mashed in" with a 2x4 board to keep the clutch pack from sticking together or does this clutch have nothing to do with my problem? Or is the the brake band too tight around the steering clutch and rusting in place holding it and I need to loosen the brake band? I am no mechanic, but I think this unit has dry clutches...it is a 1992 model. It is easy to work on if you know what the problem is, but I don't so I don't want to make adjustments and make it worse. It takes more power to run the right track than the left track when turning so I think something is dragging on the right side. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
No replies yet.