How do I adjust the steering brake band on a d4d? The right side brake pedal does fine. The left side brake pedal goes all the way to the bottom and sticks. Have to pull it back up with my foot. Sometimes the brake will engage a little, sometimes it doesn't.
Seems like more than adjustment required but here is the procedure....
What else do you think may be required? Also, would you happen to know the best way to access Nut #1 and Screw # 4 from the diagram? I've been trying to access nut "1 through the small plate (approx. 4" x 4") located on the back of the dozer. So far, anything I can get on that nut is too long or big to do any turning with. Just not enough space.
Yes, I think it is accessed by that top plate. I sold my machine a while back but think the bolt head was easily accessable. I had no trouble adjusting it. Screw 4 was accessed from underneath the machine. It just holds the brake band up in place, keeping the band from sagging down I think.
Yes, adjustment is accessed through top plate. With that much pedal I'm thinking the brake lining is worn out or maybe gone. May be a problem with return spring as well.