Cat D4d (07R 0735) power shift transmission front seal leaking.What is the procedure for replacing this seal and part number. As always thanks for information.
What front seal trans and converter are one connected to engine
The seal could be a 1D4326
There is a round plate on front of the transmission with what appears to be a short shaft connected to a coupler. The seal in the round plate is leaking.
my bad 1d4236 and a 3f5792 just unbolt the seal holder replace o ring and seal after you remove coupling
Are you sure on the 3F5792? Looks like you just need to change the 1D4236.
if you unbolt the seal holder the 3f5792 is the o ring that seals the holder to the case
But the seal is pressed into the bearing cage.
Yea I see what you mean I thought the seal holder unbolted from the case it has been years since I worked on one
So, OM and Dave are you saying all I have to do is unbolt coupler, then remove the flange, replace o ring and shaft seal. Upon further examination the diagram OM posted appears to be the torque converter. The leak l have,I am sure is on transmission. OM can you post a diagram of the transmission. Thank for the assistance.
The torque converter is part of the transmission. It is one unit.
Just replace the 1D4236. Check the seal running surface for grooving. May require a speedy sleeve if badly grooved otherwise it will eat the new seal. Here's the rest of the picture.....
Just replace seal
Thanks Dave ,RC and OM for the info. 5
Update, finally got around to replacing the seal. Pull the pan off and remove the rubber joints connecting the flywheel and torque converter. Took the flange to machine shop to resurface it. All and all not as bad of a job as thought. Thanks to all who responded.