Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International TD8E torque converter question

Brutha Dave ยท 2020-03-09 08:01

Hello... I have a 79' International TD8E. Being an older dozer it has a few leaks I've got to run down. That being said, I have been told when checking the torque converter fluid in the floor to check off and I've been told checking running which obviously give completely different readings. I've been looking for a service manual for it but in the meantime I want to make sure that I am checking it and keeping the fuilds at the proper running levels. Does anyone know the correct way? Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1R.D.G0132020-03-09 19:20

    Most IH machines I have been around the trans oil was always checked with the engine stopped.

  2. #2R.D.G0132020-03-09 19:22

    I think on them the TQ oil will run off the trans oil, like the 15, 20 & 25 where one dip stick did everything.

  3. #3Brutha Dave2020-03-09 20:46

    It has a transmission dip stick under the seat and a different dip stick in the floor panel to check the torque converter fluid.

  4. #4Brutha Dave2020-03-09 20:47

    It uses the same hydraulic/ transmission oil in both spots.