Im new to dozers and recently picked up a D4E to start pushingbout small orchards. I got it cheap and thought left clutch might just need adjustment because machine wasnt engaging left track...long story short I have to pull steering clutches and rebuild. I have the service manual and am hung up figuring out how to remove pins from the rods that go to each clutch, dont know technical term but its the rod end you adjust clutches with the 2 nuts on ends...these 2 pins are the last of what i need to remove to remove clutch case cover...any advice would help thanks.
Any chance of a complete S/N? I took a quick look in SIS and there appears to be a couple dozen different D4E S/N Prefixes. A picture of the area you are talking about would also be nice.
Adjust the nut so that the pin lines up with the hole in the top case. The pin has a 3/8 bolt with star head securing it from underneath which takes a 3/8 wrench if I remember correctly. Use a large flat screwdriver in the slot in pin and undo the bolt. Turn a long 3/8 nc bolt into the thread from the top of the pin and pull it out.
If you need clutch parts I probably have them.