Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old series Komatsu and CAT are Chinese dozers ?

pachhh34 ยท 2017-08-14 17:10

I've seen a topic with similar name but my questions is different. Many people say chinese dozers are basically old series of Komatsu and CAT (those with the high drive are too obvious). I was wondering if someone here is more informed on the topic which series of Komatsu and CAT are nowadays XCMG , HBXG, Liu Gong , Shantui , World etc. As I have seen they use even same Cummins NT855 engine on the larger ones and I think Shantui use KTA19 litre engine on the 42 ton one. If im not wrong engines used in these dozers are also old series of Cummins , CAT etc. that are produced in China and don't cover the emission standards. But I was always wondering about the dozer itself , because they literally look the same and are even same colour , same engine ( unless some use a high-drive ) . So probably is not structured very well but you've probably got the idea

Replies3
  1. #1old-iron-habit2017-08-14 19:25

    Cheap copies perhaps made to a much lower standard with substandard materials. Certainly not a licensed endeavor. You do get what you pay for. Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it.

  2. #2DMiller2017-08-14 20:59

    You would hate yourself to buy one as fast as they wear as I am told.

  3. #3Bls repair2017-08-15 06:59

    We tried a liu gong on demo .Went through 3 machines in 3 weeks not counting on site repairs