Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4e transmission assembly parts number

charles walton · 2024-03-25 13:59

Wondering if a power shift in a d4e would be compatible with a 941b

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-03-25 14:05

    And you'll stay wondering unless you can supply more information........ What''s the S/N of the 941B needing the transmission.?

  2. #2charles walton2024-03-26 08:08

    80h6489

  3. #3Nige2024-03-26 12:04

    So, provided it is the original transmission, it is a 9S-2812 which contains all the parts shown below but NOT the torque converter because it is different between models. 9S2812 was only used in 80H 941B machines from 5703-Up and in 86J 951B track loaders from first built up to 1991. It was also used in early 69H 951B machines but I can't identify a Serial Number range.

  4. #4charles walton2024-03-26 14:15

    What will work in my other loader 80h0650

  5. #5Nige2024-03-26 14:24

    The same 9S-2812, but of an earlier type. There are differences in some individual piece parts between what's listed as "Type 1" and "Type 2" but as a complete unit they would be interchangeable with any other 9S-2812.

  6. #6tctractors2024-03-26 16:09

    The 941B transmission has a different tooth count on the pinion to the D4E that is near the same as the 951C, also the bevel gear is a different tooth count, I could rattle on a good bit but these are the main things of change, the final drives are also different.

  7. #7charles walton2024-03-28 21:10

    So if I were to buy the d4e I can use the transmission in either of the 941’s by changing the pinion, right?