Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4E Tube Identification

D4E Eric ยท 2026-09-30 09:35

D4E, serial number 69X00720. I squashed/broke the tube shown in the attached images on my dozer last night and the dozer stopped moving with the transmission fluid leaking out. Caterpillar is having a hard time identifying it. I had terrible access but it looks like it attaches to the torque converter housing maybe. Can anyone help?

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2026-09-30 10:18

    Is it Ref #5 in the illustration below by any chance.?

  2. #2D4E Eric2026-09-30 12:36

    Thank you, but I don't think that's it. The one I need has 4 bolts that go up into the bottom of the housing.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2026-09-30 14:22

    in the future put a belly pan on it

  4. #4Dave Neubert2026-09-30 14:31

    you got a seral number

  5. #5Nige2026-09-30 14:47

    Included in the OP - 69X00720 Question: What exactly are we looking at in those photos and what is their orientation.? It's hard to get any idea when you don't really know what you're looking at. A photo from further away might help.

  6. #6D6 Merv2026-09-30 15:03

    Its the converter outlet pipe heading to the oil cooler; other pipe by it on left is cooler return. Your broken pipe should go to a rubber joint. Not a wise move working without a belly gaurd on a bulldozer

  7. #7Dave Neubert2026-09-30 17:27

    don't know how I missed that

  8. #8Cmark2026-09-30 18:42

    Look like 2V9142. The giveaway is the temp sensor. Good chance it's torque converter outlet.