Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4G/D5G Questions

DM21 ยท 2014-04-04 13:27

I'm in the market for a later model finish dozer, and I'm considering a D4-D5G if I go Cat. I have a few questions for anyone who might be familiar with them or have some time in one. -Is there a big difference, power/performance between a 4G and 5G? I have some time in a 3G but thought it lacked power. -I need a smaller width blade, I do a lot of builder work. I've seen some 5G's with 20" pads and a 103" blade. That blade size is ideal, is that wide enough to cover the tracks when back dragging without losing too much material? -Are these known to be fairly reliable? I'm also considering a D4K if I found a deal on one with lower hours. Do you guys see a big difference between the two series, performance wise? I know the cabs are nicer...

Replies0

No replies yet.