Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4G speed problem

firefighterfox · 2022-08-08 14:54

2005 D4G starts and operates well AFTER running 10-15 min. Before warming up everything works but the speed is stuck in slow. Engine default code shows 255 only. What is a code 255? Does it match the problem I’m having? Thanks for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2022-08-08 15:09

    255 is the sensor for the FNR direction control. The problem is that there are 4 different possibilities and the Diangostic Indicator will not tell you which one of the four it is, only connecting ET will tell you that. What type of oil do you have in the hydrostatic drive system.? I assume the top RH indicator light #5 is lit all the time.?

  2. #2CM19952022-08-08 19:57

    Welcome to the Forums FFF! In addition Nige's comments - when was the last time the machine was calibrated with Cat ET?

  3. #3Nige2022-08-09 04:16

    CM makes a good point because one of the 4 possibilities I mentioned above is that the FNR control requires calibration.