Sn TLX01002 Was running batteries went dead Bought 2 new 190 CCA napa batteries Connected in parallel. Connected lead from positive on battery to lug on backside of master panel trip fuse panel Dash seems to work, hour meter is on I can hear something like a pump running when I turn the key to start Engine does not turn over I have been suspicious of the ignition switch failing for awhle Can i jump across the back of the ignition There are 4 wires connected to the back Should I shot across the starter solenoid? Ideas?
I'd start by checking battery voltage you wouldn't be the first to get a bad battery from a dealer
Already checked the batteries
Pretty hard to jump at ing switch I would try a start button at the starter
When you held the key switch in the start position for maybe 5-6 seconds how far down did the batteries go. Need to know as it will tell some about the condition of cables, switches and the batteries themself. Have to agree with this simple test at starter solenoid. If nothing happens, then the positive and negative side cables need to be voltage drop tested. Better to do before firing the parts cannon. Simon C
Is it 12v starter?
Yes it is.
Everything worked fine when I pulled the batteries because I had to jump start the machine a couple months ago. one of the batteries was bad. I decided to wait until I was gonna run the dozer and get 2 new batteries. The cables from a visual all look good, no corrosion etc anywhere. I understand a voltage drop test would confirm. Im really suspect the ignition switch which I plan to purchase and replace I was really looking for ways to test or jump around the ignition or some other common failure Thanks ahead
Now Im really confused. I got the new ignition switch. Connected it, started right up, ran a few minutes, celebrating in my mind, shut off, started again great!!! Shut dow, went to get tools to replace instrument panel tried to start ZERO no lights on panel no engine roll over. Hour meter not on no power to fuse. I have power to the back of the two reset breakers in the battery compartment If i hold the two resets in nothing happens and the hour meter is still off Ive never seen the resets trip so I dont think they are now, not sure how far they pop out Is the another master breaker somewhere Any idea where to start tomorrow? Appreciate any thoughts
I think i would pull the dash again and check plugs and wires
Already did that No power to any fuses Hour meter not running Battery disconnect in correct position
Anybody have a electrical disghram?
check ground to frame from master switch also check to see if master is actually making the ground circuit
Whats the best way to test the ground master Run a test light wire from the battery positive to the ground switch then to the ground to the body?
easiest way is to put both wires on same stud