Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4h converter leak

cotyp92 · 2021-07-25 07:06

As you can see there is a drip coming from around the shaft . Is this seal hard to replace in the field? Already have a trench under machine and belly pan dropped . Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Dave Neubert2021-07-26 08:48

    Not to bad pull the drive shaft pull the yoke off some have a holder that unbolts some you just have to pry out if yours has the holder that unbolts make sure you get the o ring for the holder

  2. #2kshansen2021-07-26 09:20

    A full S/N might even get OP a instruction sheet or at the least part numbers! I tried looking up D4H and find there are 9-10 different prefixes for that model designation!

  3. #3cotyp922021-07-26 09:54

    Sn- 8pb03491 I’m thinking part number 1d-4326

  4. #4Nige2021-07-26 10:26

    You're right on the Part Number (Ref #1) and it installs directly into the converter housing. Hopefully when you remove the yoke #4 it will not be grooved on the O/D from the old seal.

  5. #5cotyp922021-07-26 10:28

    Thanks fellas. Sometimes I just need some reassurance. Are these machines prone to running hot ? 4 hours of running it will overheat . The radiator needs to be cleaned I’m sure , but the close fin design seems poor to me.

  6. #6Nige2021-07-26 10:36

    Not if the cooling system is in good order. That would include belt condition, pulley grooves, tensioning system, fan spider, etc, as well as the air flow through the radiator.