Just got a D4H series II and it is missing the side panels for the engine, fan is pushing so they are a must, plus it needs them on there anyway even if the fan was pulling.....anyway, anyone know where I might find some? Cat wants a tad over $500 a piece, Schafers at Wolf lake has no dozers and referred me to a salvage yard in Redbud Ill that also had none.... Thanks for the help!
If you can get a drawing of a set you might get a fab shop to make some up out of a sheet of perferated metal. Should be cheaper than 500 a pop.
Here's a link to several places that should have them: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/partsSearch.aspx?PCID=&dlr=&GUID=F342403C4B0C41968ECCCB7CD98B048C&Manu=CATERPILLAR&Mdltxt=d4h&mdlx=Contains&btnDismantledSearch=Search&PartNum=&PST=Starts&fullsearch=d4h+CATERPILLAR Here's another place that makes them: http://www.kencomfg.com/ They are great people to deal with.
Thanks, didn't realize dismantled machines were listed on MT. I exhausted the whole list with no luck but Kenco is building me a pair for about half of what Cat wants for them. Super nice people and he never acted like building them was a problem, you could tell they very much want to make customers happy!
Another aftermarket supplier... http://www.diamondattachments.com/products.php?product_id=53&model_id=21&man_id=5
i see diamonds side panels have a smaller mesh screen, to keep bigger stuff out, like corn husks.anyone use much of there stuff? sandfarmer, are you the guy asking about d4's on agtalk?
yes that's me.
i had mine out yesterday playing in a ripped corn field, pushing some waterways shut. id say make sure to stop and keep the side panels clean. they collect alittle faster then id like to see...when reading about these little guys, they say they can get warm, prob because of that issue....most my work will be at 40-60* anyway, spring and fall. something to keep an eye on anyway
Sandfarmer, I've had David build several different engine enclosures and a brush rake. He's always goes out of his way to help and he knows his stuff.
I messed with mine this evening for the first time, wanted to get it all warmed up so I played with a pile of dirt I had in the shop yard. Everything worked nicely but after it got good and warm the powertrain oil filter light started buzzing. I don't have a manual yet....is that just a pressure sensor sensing high flow pressure before the filter? Should replacing the filter fix this? I've got to go all over and give it a good service anyway but wanted to warm it up good to see if there were any leaks.
i hope the filter fixes it, but id think the high pressure condition would be when the oils cold not warm.
FWIW i recently picked up D4H Series 3 so far i have been very happy with it No problems yet i am over in SW missouri, point being if you have problems i would like to know what to look for and the fix