Buy a new coupling. Bob
Not sure but isn't that coupling replaceable separately ? Sorry Bob I was typing as you posted.
Bob, Looks like the exhaust side of the turbo is...part of the turbo housing.
Looks like metal shroud 7N0012 that is replaceable. Looking at my 8PB/9PBxxxx parts book.
That is a replaceable part. It may well be rusted to the hot housing of the turbo
Thanks guys... Ordered one from Cat today..they say it should come out...we will see.
You will need to remove the compressor and exhaust housing plus turbine shaft to replace the (tin) shroud.
I hope you ordered the coupling not the shield .When you pick up your parts you should have a short pipe and 2 seal rings. Get a set of bolts & nuts for the exhaust elbow and attack it from that end. Don't take the turbo off unless you have to. Good luck Bob
THANKS Bob, All in and installed...wasn't as bad as I figured it would be. Ralph