Anyone have any input on this dozer, I need one to build a road for about a year or two work for my 100 acres. Its supposed to be a series III with a 3403 and only 4900 hours. I like the simplicity of being able to work on it vs all the electronics. Any thoughts?
I had a d4h 8pb that was nearly flawless in durability through the 9k hours that we had it. The 3204 in ours had to have cylinder head work @ 6k hours, as the valves stems were so sloppy in the head, that I'd get exhaust out the filler cap when revved up (cap off, of course). And the drives would get lazy when the pedal pivots gave in to corrosion. That wouldn't allow full transmission operation when they didnt fully come back up. Being an open ROPS, water just got the best of the pivots. Other than that, it got a gear reduction starter and oil/ filter changes every 500 hours. Your pics lead me to guess that those track are nearing the end of life, but, I may be wrong.
Agreed not sure how long tracks should work do you think the 4900 hours is about right?
In some conditions youll get 4900 out of a u/c with wide pads like that one got in sand it very possible thats the second u/c on that machine
Oh, and my 8pb went through 4 hour meters to get to 9k hours.
The pads are slick, roller flanges are starting to ride on the pin bosses and the sprocket teeth are sharp. It needs an undercarriage but it might run for awhile. The oil leaking from the caps on the sides of the track frames and under the cannon just behind the front idlers tell me the machine has a whole lot more the 4,900 hours. That will need to be fixed when you do the undercarriage. Look for cracks on the frames around those caps. What is the blade linkage like? Usually the blade will slop back and forth when you pick it up and set it down on the ground when badly worn. Someone might comment on how the balance of the machine is with that winch on the back. That's first one I've seen that wasn't a logging machine.
Thanks everyone talked to them today and it doesn't move either gonna pass on this one. My hunt for a dozer continues
Good call I think. It has money pit written all over it.
Lol found a CASE 1850K with 4400 hours, bit bigger than I need but need more info on it.
I recall there was a Case dozer model that was very difficult to get parts for. It was only made for a short time and someone couldn't use theirs because they couldn't get the parts they needed. Hopefully one of the case experts will see this and know which model.