Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3 Not starting

Dante827 ยท 2026-04-24 13:44

My Cat D3C was laid up for a while. Batteries were dead so I replaced them, turned the key and it started like a champ but shut down after a few seconds. I checked the fuel, manually pumped up the fuel and saw the bleeder on top of the fuel filter was bleeding no air, checked to see if the fuel was coming out of the output side of the injector pump and is was with no air. I don't know what to check next, any thoughts on what to check next?

Replies4
  1. #1Deere500a2026-04-24 14:48

    Have you checked the injectors crack'em & crank?

  2. #2Dante8272026-04-24 19:03

    Ok I'll try that. At the injectors or at the pump?

  3. #3Deere500a2026-04-24 21:15

    At the engine, 1 of injectors could've of leaked dry sitting for yrs & have trapped air

  4. #4Welder Dave2026-04-25 03:14

    How long was it laid up? Screen in the fuel line could be plugged with algae or othe debris.