Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4K AC

southernman13 · 2024-05-30 11:51

S/N rrrr00416. Having ac issues. Posted before that the fan motor comes and goes. It never quits but slows to where no air can be felt the. Will run wide open again and fluctuate in between. Yesterday I noticed the outside air filter was wet down in the lowest corner. I’m thinking this may be part of the problem. Sounds like the system isn’t draining properly. There is water coming out while it’s running but it must be backing up for the filter to get wet? The machine is charging 13.9 volts the entire time so it’s not dropping in voltage. Any ideas? Was gonna try and blow the drain tube out w air. I know the core is clean I cleaned it last year and it really wasn’t dirty then. And changed the filters As well. It hasn’t been ran much at all since then. And when it’s blowing properly it’s ice cold.

Replies14
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-05-30 18:55

    Capillary tube might not be cutting the compressor off. If the capillary is kinked or out of adjustment, the compressor doesn't know that the evaporator coil is freezing over. So the condensation begins freezing and acts like an insulator until it reaches a point where it can thaw again. That's why you're losing air flow,the evaporator coil is self obstructing with ice.

  2. #28V712024-05-30 20:01

    The (non adjustable thermostat) or freeze control

  3. #3Nige2024-05-30 21:04

    This may help if you need to see where stuff is.

  4. #4southernman132024-05-31 07:14

    Ok thanks. Having trouble down loading but I’ll figure it out lol. It’s not freezing up. Yesterday I took off the filter housing and opened the side cover so I could look in but without disassembling the ac lines very minimal access. So I ran it with it opened up and watched it. Everything looked good and it was draining although not sure it was draining good enough. Tried blowing air in and around best I could. It was still fluctuating and it definitely wasn’t froze up. Let it run about 10 min so I put it back together and operated it for 15-20 min. Same thing fan would come and go. It never stopped but would get slower than low speed and then would go back to full speed. Very strange. May have to have cat or someone who know ac to come service it. Big money there lol.

  5. #5southernman132024-05-31 07:14

    The files downloaded. I found them. Thanks

  6. #6southernman132024-05-31 07:23

    It acts just like you turn it to low speed on the fan but even lower And it will still have 3 speeds just all very low. Then all of a sudden it takes off running wide open. Sometimes it fluctuates in between.

  7. #7southernman132024-05-31 07:26

    It acts just like you turn it to low speed on the fan but even lower And it will still have 3 speeds just all very low. Then all of a sudden it takes off running wide open. Sometimes it fluctuates in between.

  8. #8southernman132024-05-31 07:38

    Gonna try and attatch recording I made u can hear it

  9. #9southernman132024-05-31 08:08

    I can’t figure out how to attach recording. I can email it or txt if someone has a number or email I could send it to. Thanks

  10. #108V712024-05-31 08:26

    Could be a failing blower motor the resistor or possibly a faulty connection.

  11. #11funwithfuel2024-05-31 09:46

    Turn off ATC. ATC monitors duct temp and tries to maintain including throttling fan speed and controlling blend doors. Most of us from the older generations don't like it. We want the fan to stay on high and for the ductwork to blow frost!

  12. #12colson042024-05-31 10:02

    We have a Deere with ATC and its a pain. I'd rather just have a know for temp and a know for blower speed. Set it cold and leave it.

  13. #13southernman132024-05-31 10:29

    What is ATC? I ran it this morning on low speed fan. Ran great all Mornin would freeze you out. Of course outside temp is cooler this mornin. I turned it to full speed fan it ran good but eventually started gradually slowing down till it got real slow. Then I parked it shut machine off. Turned key on and ran just the blower motor. It ran fine and then again eventually slowed to barely blowing. Did that for a bit and then took of wide open again. This is without the machine running so the ac wasn’t running either. Sounds like the blower is failing idk

  14. #14colson042024-05-31 19:06

    Automatic Temperature Control. Set the dial to a temp and computer figures out how it wants to get there.