Hello! I have a D5 SN#DZA01165 with the passive regen system i am working on the only code is E995 high soot load. I have done every test you can do it will pass all of them. I have inspected tube from turbo to dpf for oil i did not find any i have checked with my own eyes and watched the back pressure valve move as it should did the same with egr good. All software is up to date i have been able to regen this machine until now it seems to be trying to regen but not reducing the soot load much dpf inlet temp around 850 maybe low? There are many other things i have looked at anyone ran into something similar? no associated codes 544 hrs.
I'm not too familiar with the newer pollution reducing systems but will ask this...Is the particulate filter plugging maybe? IDK just putting it out there.
We had a 330 that did similar, turns out there was a bad batch of soot level sensors, with the hood down it would get hot and give a false reading. Maybe something like that is going on.
First issue is your serial number. DZA is a transmission for a D8T, did you possibly mean Z6A or ZDA? Secondly, what’s this history of this machine? A little over a year and 544 hrs, I wouldn’t expect to be seeing any regen issues as we have several at 5k hrs that haven’t been touched yet. Thirdly and possibly most importantly, this machine looks to still be covered under the 1st year warranty if the prefix is ZDA. Do you have the first engine oil sample for the machine? Just a few questions that come to mind.