Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5b 25x series dozer track adjustment problems

skjj ยท 2018-08-07 12:53

Hello, Yesterday I was moving our dpzer, and I noticed a lot of slack on the right track. I used a grease gun , and after a long time, and a lot of grease, I got it to move forward an inch or so, and the track tightened up. I operated it for 15 minutes or so, and the track went slack again, and the cylinder had went back to the same position, before I adjusted it. I tried adjusting it out again with a grease gun, but it never adjusted out, after using lots of grease. Can you rebuild these cylinders, or is there something I am missing?? Thanks!!

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2018-08-07 15:49

    Yes the track adjuster has seals. You will most likely have to break the track un bolt the arm that goes from the idler to the track adjuster slide the idler forward and remove the cyl. sometimes it is necessary to remove the shaft from the idler yoke to gain clearance

  2. #2skjj2018-08-07 18:54

    Thanks for the info.