Everyone seems to be hanging on to their D5C's since very few are on the market, or at least the market accessible on the Internet. I found a really clean D5C XL Series III that's in great shape and has been well maintained. Starts, runs and operates like new. No leaks. Clean undercarriage that's mechanically sound as well. New tracks, sprocket teeth. The rest checked out good. I know it's from the 1995-2002 range but not sure exactly what year it is. Eight digit serial is 9DL00993 I believe. I haven't been to the Riggs shop yet.
That particular Serial Number (if you have it correct) was built in January 1995.
The second position is the only one in question. That gives me a starting point. I appreciate the info.
I really figured the Series III would have been a later production year or something. Shows how much I DON'T know...hahaha...thanks again!
Yes, it's definitely "D" so it's a 1995 without a doubt. I've spent about 1 full day on it so far, clearing the underbrush, deadfall, deformed or otherwise unsightly trees from the general vicinity of where the new house will be while doing my best to avoid any root damage or accidental bumps that peel bark on any we hope to save. The majority of the straight and tall hardwoods we have an abundance of here on the place are white oak, hickory, black cherry, red oak and walnut and we're only thinning it out so the keepers have a better chance of surviving. I got off topic there so apologies. I just wanted to add that after having spent a few hours on it I'm still a happy camper! It's everything I hoped it would be. I've got a bunch of stump holes to deal with all over the place but all in good time. I was going to include a picture but I've got to find them first.