Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5C chain undercarriage wear guide

JS300 ยท 2016-01-18 10:04

Wondering if anybody has or can tell me where find a spec sheet on D5C undercarriage wear. I'm looking to buy one and would like to have a pretty good idea of % left. I got the part # off the chains on the dozer I'm looking at now but can't find any info. This stuff is new to me. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Willie B2016-01-18 17:01

    I'm no expert. I recently posed a similar question in reference to a Dresser crawler. Look at that thread. There are some good track/ UC assessment guides. Be aware that 1/2 worn is about 15 hours away from worn out. It wears much faster once half worn out.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2016-01-18 18:47

    Search the ACMOC site for track measuring. If they are still up there was the wear specs posted within the last year for all the Cat tracks. You will have to join to see the attachments.

  3. #3Old Magnet2016-01-18 22:45

    Post the link part numbers of your chain and we'll see what we can do. Beware of universal charts, they may not apply to the specific link number. Also the charts may not apply to SALT.

  4. #4JS3002016-01-19 01:05

    I don't know how to post pics but and the # was hard to read. Looks like it says