Hello everyone, I recently acquired this machine and it was flooded in hurricane Ida, machine is back up and running but I am having major difficulties finding part # and diagrams. I also truthfully cant afford to buy a service manual for her at the moment. If anyone has a copy they are willing to flip me a copy of that would be amazing!! But here is my question, so the right side joystick needs a new bushing to take up the slack, it is super sloppy and I only get maybe 30% throw on the valves due to this slack. Does anyone have a part# for this bushing? Or even a full blown rebuild kit for it. I'm down for whatever it take to fix it. I just can't brang myself to spend 500+ on ebay for the service manual, and my podna from LA CAT informed me that a reprint is about 620 before the mark up. Thank you for any future responses to this post, and any assistance that may come from said responses.
How about a Serial Number for a start.? That makes looking for parts somewhat easier, especially considering there are over a dozen variations of D5C and five different types of joystick.
A comment regarding your OP and a service manual. Even a full-blown service manual with all the bells & whistles will not include a Parts Manual, although it will include an Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Manual. So you'll need to budget eventually for a Parts Manual.
X5XK23976X 1498747 This is what the data tag reads. I am not terribly concerned about the parts manual, or the ops manual. I am only looking for a service manual. Parts manual was just a bonus.
Here is the data tag.
6CS00693 is the machine S/N. The asterisks at each end mean nothing. Built January 2000. 5XK23976 is the engine S/N. Attached the parts breakdown of the bulldozer control mechanism. FYI, The O&M Manual is much more than an Operator Manual. It also covers most aspects of basic maintenance. A pdf download is less than $50 from the Cat Publications web site. Maybe the best $50 you'll ever spend. Check the pocket in the back of the operator seat. You might get lucky and find one there.
I will absolutely look but the storm took most of the seat. Than you Mr. Nige I will def be sticking around this forum.
Hello Mr nige. Do the pumps on this machine have suction screens? The left hand drive pump (mounted directly to flywheel housing) has a decent whine based on engine RPM. Machine functions perfect, I just replaced both hydraulic lines that supply the filters, they had rubbed holes in one another. Is there a certain spot the bleed air from the system?
No screens as far as I can see. It wouldn't be usual on a pump like that because a plugged screen could cause a pump failure by restricting the pump inlet flow. Did you cut the filters open yet to have a look inside them for particles.? It would be a good idea if you haven't done it yet. Not sure about a location to bleed the pumps on initial startup. Maybe someone else can suggest something.