Hey guys, I'm looking at a D5C for a friend of mine. Won't steer left at all and the right side will only steer with the brakes at the bottom of the pedal travel. I removed the linkage cams and inspected the rollers on the valve itself. The rollers are completely worn out, so I depressed the valve all the way down with a pry bar and there is still no clutch release. I tested the slave cylinder pressure at the pressure port behind the tracks and I only get ~100 PSI. I then checked the input pressure to the clutch valves and that's around 400PSI. That seems to indicate to me that there is an issue in the steering valves, that they are not putting enough pressure out to the clutches. Is there anything else I should check before I pull the steering valves out and disassemble them to inspect?
Fix the rollers and reseal the valves first also check cams for wear
Just a quick update, I got the steering valves resealed and new roller bearings installed last week. Adjusted the brakes and the linkage per the service manual and it steers like new! My buddy is super excited that all it cost was a couple hundred dollars in parts; he was envisioning having to pull the clutch assemblies and have them rebuilt.