D5C sn 6zloo259 will not start. tried to start and nothing happens and the guages do not work. It was fine when I shut it down. I cleaned the battery connections, tested battery, electrical disconnect and all is good, 12v to the ignition switch on the red wire. i can jump the ignition switch across the red wire on "control" on the switch and "relay" on the switch and it will start I can also jump to shut it down. either way the gauges do not work even with the engine running? I thought it was the ignition switch and bought a new one. still the same results. does anyone have the wiring diagrahm for the ignition switch. I do not have a wire connected to the battery terminal on the switch but the terminal is hot even the key turned off? I would like to confirm the switch is wired correctly and get some tips on what could be the problem. I can only find 1 fuse and it is a 20 amp fuse in a black fuse holder, it is not blown. I have 1 red wire on control, 3 wires on relay, 1 on start and none on battery any ideas?
You should have 24 volts. Not 12. Probably have at least 1 bad battery or a bad connection somewhere. Disconnect your battery cables and check the voltage of each individual battery. That would get you pointed the right direction.
i only have 1 battery not 2? I have had this dozier for 2 yars and it only has ace in the battery tray fpr 1 battery? should it have another?
bad spelling, I meant 2 years and only space for 1 battery
I suppose it's possible someone has switched it over to 12 volt. Any way you can take a picture of the switch?
That particular model is a 12V system.
6zl00259
Hmm. Learn something everyday. Never heard of 12 volt D5.
any ideas do you happen to have a schmatic for the wiring, especially the ignition switch. this all started when I tried to start the dozier the other day. i thought the battery was dead, jumped it off and then noticed none of the gauges were working. when i tried to shut it the engine off it kept running. I disconmectd the decelator and throttle linkage and was able to shut it down. as i said the solenoid is working so i can jump it at the ignition switch and kill it also. i bought a new ignition switch, same Cat part, and have the same results. any ideas
I have the schematic. What's your email address..? If you don't want to post it here send it to me on a PM.
hi rockbottom,you should have 12V from the dash mounted circuit breaker through the orange wire(#109) to the batt terminal on ign switch. There should be three purple wires connected to the R terminal on the ign switch(#112) one of these goes directly via an eight pin connector to the gauge B+ terminals (no fuses ) the other purple wires feed the main relay ,acc circuits and shut down timer Regards Mark
thanks, got it based on your information and a electrical schematic from nige. I had the orange wire on the control terminal on the switch. i moved it to the battery terminal and it starts and shuts down, all the gauges work except the fuel gauge which was working. Two questions, wonder what the control terminal on the switch would be used for and wonder how to test the fuel sending unit and where it is located on the fuel tank. It looks like there is only a ground and hot wire through the sending unit, but I cannot actually see the unit on the tank, where should I look thanks to all for the help
Hi, From memory the sender is on the right hand side of fuel tank near battery isolator ,to check remove wire from sender. gage should go to full extreme position. earth wire to frame and gage should go to opposite extreme. if gage follows these tests sender is faulty or not earthed properly to the tank Mark
item 35 is fuel sender unit here is exploded view of key start switch terminal c is B+ when key is off and open when key is on Mark