My question is when steering the 5M , when it clutches the one track , will the D5G be somewhat near production when doing a lot of technical work as far as turning under a load etc. I know that in a straight push the 5M should greatly outperform the 5G. My thinking (which is probably wrong ) is that even though the 5M is heavier more hp that when you clutch the track you have 12.5 tons of dead weight with 12.5 tons of pushing weight were as the 5G has power to both tracks. I realize as well that the 5M has a bit more yard capacity in the blade as well. I just want other opinions as I'm looking at buying a 5m/n or 5G /39 EX-21.
One thing for sure, you turn on soft ground and have less chance of getting stuck with power on both tracks. Later Bob
Might want to consider a 700 deere also. weight of a 5m with hydrostatic steering.