Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5G starter issues

Devo416 · 2022-06-14 16:16

Help, I got a D5G WGB03584. I went to use the machine today and it was completely dead, no voltage anywhere except the batteries. I found a wiring harness that had shorted out and Burt approx 8 wires. I spliced them all back together and it fired right up, I thought all was good but now it acts like the starter solenoid is acting up. When I try to start it sometimes it fires right up but then it may not start after 10 try’s or so. Every time I try to start it I can hear the starter engages and a cluck when I let off. What do you guys think it might be? Thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1Dave Neubert2022-06-14 19:02

    Solenoid

  2. #2CM19952022-06-14 20:58

    Welcome to the Forums Devo!

  3. #3Devo4162022-06-14 21:15

    Thanks

  4. #4Tyler d4c2022-06-14 21:57

    If memory serves the stater on them is not a simple job good luck

  5. #5Devo4162022-06-14 21:59

    Thanks yeah I got it off. It was a bear.