Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5H XL Series II — trying to figure out the machine’s Product Identification Number

TC123 · 2022-08-22 13:24

Borrowing my brother’s D5H XL Series II. I want to change the fluids and want to make sure I use the correct type. He bought it used 10+ years ago and doesn’t know a lot about it. I can’t find the machine's Product Identification Number anywhere. (I checked the back of the machine and inside the engine compartment without luck. Don't know where else to look.) I did find the engine serial number (12Z52271). Can the engine serial number be used to figure out the approximate machine Product Identity Number? (I'm thinking that I can use the an approximate PIN to tell me what fluids to use.) Thanks for any help you can provide.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2022-08-22 15:05

    It can indeed. The machine Serial Number is 1DD06759. Can you (or your brother) afford $49.? For that price you can download a pdf copy of the Operation & Maintenance Manual that will give you all the information you're looking for, the procedures of how to change the various fluids/filters, grease points, plus far more besides.

  2. #2TC1232022-08-22 16:19

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! You're the man!!! I actually bought a manual on ebay a few weeks ago (to familiarize me with the machine). It appears that I got lucky; and it's the correct one for his dozer!

  3. #3TC1232022-08-22 16:29

    Nige, on a different thread you said: That was a big help, too! Thanks again