My D6C serial# 76A-5579 has a decelerator, when I use it the throttle lever needs to be at or very near full throttle otherwise when I use it to idle back it kick off and the throttle lever goes back to idle position. My question is is this how it's designed? to be at full throttle when the decelerator is used? or can it be adjusted to work with the throttle less than full open? I ask because with fuel still being at $5.00 a gal it would be nice not to run the engine full throttle all the time when doing lighter work....without having to continuously control the RPM with the decelerator when pushing longer distances. Thanks.
It should stay where you put it, but my D6D I have to hold it in position for a short time, otherwise it kicks backs to low idle as soon as you depress the decelerator. But the few D7f'and G's I have driven the throttle stays where you put it.
Ok Thanks, I'll investigate and see if I can figure mine out.
My A-C HD11 has phenolic friction washers at each end of the throttle lever you adjust via nuts just so it stays where you put it. Too loose and it returns to low idle too easily. To tight and it is hard to move. I'd think you would have similar adjustments.
Ahhh, I bet you are right I'll look there for a solution.
I remembered slightly incorrect. There is but one nut and you can see the assembly here: Yours should be set up similar I'd think.
That last half inch on the throttle lever can be expensive over time...
Look for the control cylinder under the floor plate as that is in need of a tidy up on the springs and rollers, the throttle control should not move when the decelerator is pressed, you might also need to check or adjust the low and high idle setting. tctractors
Great thanks, I'll check and see if I can tighten that up and get it to stay in place.
Ok Thanks, I hadn't looked at it b3fore because it would stay in place if you cracked it wide open so I thought that was how that feature was designed.